Within 15 days

Call Us /

+91 9322570499 / 8655085580

                                                       Mail it    



Food License in India

Every Food Business requires FSSAI Registration or Food Licence. It is mandatory registration. Based on the factors like the capacity of production/ handling, nature of food business activities and area of operation etc.

Food Business

  Food Business

a food business operator (FBO) need to assess whether the business should apply for registration or licence application is to be filed. IndiaBizline helps you to obtain food licence.


FSSAI Registration & Food License

FSSAI Registration & Food License is a permission granted by the FSSAI to carry on the food business. This food License is location specific and is also term bound. It carries a 14-digit registration number. Licensing/ Registration of food business is mandatory in India.The provision for this has been made in Food Safety and Standards Act,2006, which extends to the whole of India. It is an Act to consolidate the laws relating to food ,which establishes the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India for laying down science based standards for articles of food and to regulate their manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and import, to ensure availability of safe and wholesome food for human consumption and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.

Who Requires a FSSAI Registration & Food License?


License / registration with FSSAI is mandatory for every Food Business Operator. Whether a FBO requires a License or registration depends upon the factors like capacity of production/ handling etc. , nature of food business activities and area of operation. Before making an application to the authority FBO must undergo the eligibility search to understand whether it needs registration or license.


Every person who is an importer has to apply for a central license at their address which has been registered with DGFT while obtaining Import Export Code.A food business carrying on business at different location needs to apply for separate license for each location.Thus each location will be issued a separate license except transporter where one license will be issued for all the vehicles.


In case an Food Business Operator is operating in more than two states, it has to obtain one additional central License for the Head Office/ Registered Office and separate license for each location , which will again depend upon the factors like capacity of production/ handling etc. , nature of food business activities and area of operation.To do the eligibility search contact us at setindiabiz.com

Translate »